Weiss Asset Management, a Boston-based investment firm, is seeking a Data Analyst, who will primarily support both the Investment and Operations teams by interacting with portfolio data and generating reports for stakeholders across the firm. We encourage those with demonstrated data skills and finance interests to apply. SQL and Excel skills are required, while R, Python and VBA are a plus. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, will enjoy taking ownership of a range of reporting and operational responsibilities, and will seek to document and improve existing processes at every opportunity. The Analyst can expect to gain exposure to multiple markets and asset classes and quickly develop an understanding of the types of data and tools required to support a robust investment firm.
A successful Data analyst will participate in a wide array of operations and reporting functions, with an emphasis on the following in the first two years:
- Take ownership of the production and improvement of all reporting provided to our investors
- Support and enhance existing tools rooted in SQL and Excel
- Develop an in depth understanding of the internal data structure to be able to engineer new and cutting-edge solutions as the investment landscape dynamically changes
- Integrate data expertise into financial and operational problems to come up with creative, efficient, and scalable solutions.
About the Company:
For more than 25 years, Weiss Asset Management has developed proprietary value-based investment strategies designed to deliver high risk-adjusted returns to our investors, who include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. We manage approximately $2 billion across hedge funds and institutional accounts. We work collaboratively to solve problems, and to identify undervalued assets through deep fundamental research, statistical analysis and an analytically rigorous approach to decision making.
We value integrity, intellectual honesty, continuous learning and improvement. We foster creativity and entrepreneurialism. We have an uncompromising commitment to rationality, and we believe that by understanding our mistakes, we make progress. Our culture is more important than any individual and more persistent than any strategy.
Our team of over 65 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic, not titles, will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that 3 of our 4 managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer.