Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re hiring for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build scalable automation services to increase the power of the Webflow platform using the latest technologies, and build an innovative architecture that puts the needs of our customers first.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ, US Remote, or ON/BC, Canada
- Full time
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Test Infrastructure team, you’ll …
- Maintain and support our automation frameworks, creating consistent best practices and enabling others to adhere to them
- Create scalable automation services using our current frameworks, Cypress and Jest
- Mentor other Software Engineers on the team, helping them build productive habits and gain technical depth
- Help Webflow’s Engineering and Quality teams feel more confident in our testing infrastructure
- Collaborate with software engineers, quality specialists, designers and product managers in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Help the Quality team implement semi-code solutions such as Postman and Mabl
- Solve problems in a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people
- Propose and implement improvements to our software and testing architecture that improves the speed, reliability and accessibility of our application’s tests
- Refactor existing components and code paths into clearer, standardized, documented, and efficient code
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Software Engineer focusing on our Test Infrastructure team if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in scalable, multi-tenant environments
- Are familiar with general automation best practices
- Are familiar with our testing frameworks (Cypress and Jest)
- Love experimenting with automation tooling and learning new approaches
- Are comfortable working in an agile, safe-to-fail environment
- Look at applications from a strategic point of view when considering testability
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success -- so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Software Engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid United States or Canadian work authorization to join us.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated. We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.