Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re adding a Director of User Research to our team to build a world-class user research practice to help Webflow better understand our customers and how to bring their needs to existing and new product initiatives for Webflow. This role will help us learn about our current and potential customers, and who we can serve by identifying continued and new opportunities in our product roadmap.
About the role
- Location: US remote
As a Director of User Research, you’ll …
- Lead the research practice at Webflow to make it a core pillar of Engineering, Product, and Design (EPD) the design department
- Recruit, hire, and manage an exceptional team of user researchers
- Plan and execute pragmatic and insightful user research: design research studies and tests, recruit participants, facilitate interviews, and analyze results
- Drive user research initiatives to inform the product strategy and roadmap in an actionable way
- Research Ops: empower Engineering, Product, and Design’s (EPD) research capabilities by equipping teams with toolkits, training, and processes to do their own research
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Director of User Research if you have:
- A track record of applied research that had significant impact on product and/or company goals
- Repeated experience managing user researchers and growing a research practice at companies
- Experience with a wide range of evaluative and generative research methods: field studies, ethnography, participatory design, diary studies, usability testing or A/B testing
- Facilitation experience to drive consensus and buy-in especially from various groups and stakeholders, including executive
- Have the ability to parse large amount of research data and notes to generate insightful and actionable learnings
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we encourage you to still apply. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in consideration.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success -- so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web -- and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Director of User Research and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.