Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Privacy Counsel to help drive Webflow’s data privacy strategy and compliance on a range of privacy, product and data security initiatives.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Privacy Counsel you’ll …
- Assess, improve and drive Webflow’s data privacy and compliance strategy and processes, and provide specialised privacy expertise across multiple business units.
- Collaborate with InfoSec to perform privacy hygiene assessments periodically and advise on mitigation of security and data privacy compliance risks. You’ll also provide advice on how to respond to DSARs.
- Serve as product counsel and continuously incorporate privacy by design into Webflow’s products and services. You’ll also identify, advise on or escalate, as necessary, other product legal issues as they arise.
- Draft and negotiate data processing agreements, provide privacy support in a variety of other agreements as needed.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Privacy Counsel if you:
- Have a JD, and at least one active bar membership.
- Have significant knowledge of global data privacy regulations, including the GDPR and CCPA, and experience in applying your knowledge to provide clear, actionable advice and programs.
- Have experience with negotiating and drafting data processing agreements.
- Are adaptable and an effective multi-tasker. You are able to manage multiple, sometimes competing, demands for your time.
- Have a sense of humor, and fire! You are known to be a helpful colleague.
- Are willing to wear multiple hats and take on additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Have previous in house experience and/or CIPP certification (both pluses, not required)
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Privacy Counsel and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
Please note that a background check and employment verification may be required for this position. If required, we may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes. If your application is selected, your Recruiter will provide additional context about our background check and employment verification process and will happily answer any questions you may have.