We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to help us optimize, build and expand our visual CMS using powerful technology like React, GraphQL, Node.js, and MongoDB on our AWS infrastructure all coordinated by Kubernetes, Terraform, and running on Docker. Architect and implement publishing features that enable our users to create and consume dynamic data on their published webpages.
About the role
- Location: Remote - Any timezone between UTC-5 and UTC+3
As a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, you’ll:
- Work on a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people, and serves millions of page views an hour
- Develop the architecture and systems underpinning dynamic data handling in the Webflow renderer
- Write scalable services in Node.js and AWS Lambda
- Work on a GraphQL API built on top of Apollo
- Write and optimize MongoDB queries and data models
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Jest and Cypress)
- Collaborate with the team to improve our internal development process
- Participate in decisions that guide what new features will be shipped as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Mentor other engineers on best practice, design considerations, and quality
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to tackle passion projects directly related to Webflow.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer if you:
- Possess a customer-centric mindset
- Have significant experience in engineering scalable, multi-tenant environments that deliver rich front-end experiences
- Have a deep understanding of data design and modeling
- Have significant experience with GraphQL and GraphQL Schemas
- Have built and worked on complex web applications
- Are comfortable behind a linux terminal
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Are comfortable providing caring and constructive feedback to others
However, even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will not only be defined by what we do — but by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave for moms and dads
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior FullstackSoftware Engineer and a healthy human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love for you to apply!