Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to help our Product Engineering organization provide the logic capabilities to create robust and powerful sites while cultivating an environment of excellence, care, and curiosity.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you’ll:
- Manage the engineering team building the next evolution of our product: no-code visual development of website business logic.
- Lead a distributed and diverse team of engineers implementing robust backend services and rich, usable, frontend experiences.
- Oversee the scope and implementation of new features and systems that are reliable, performant, and secure at scale.
- Facilitate the team development process, working closely with Product Management, Design, and QA leads.
- Help shape organizational processes and work with other Engineering Managers to continually evaluate how we can better support our reports and each other.
- Lead by example and embody the spirit of Webflow's dual missions and core behaviors.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects related to Webflow.
You’ll thrive as an Senior Engineering Manager if you:
- Have 4+ years experience managing and scaling engineering teams in a growth environment
- Possess a strong technical foundation in backend services, building complex web applications, and AWS/Cloud architecture
- Value accountability and will support your team in reaching their fullest potential
- Have experience managing agile teams to adhere to software delivery cycles
- Can empathetically deliver tough feedback with respect and kindness
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why" and "how"
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our Core Behaviors
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits plus a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We give you a 5 week sabbatical after 5 years of service
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great work environment, plus a monthly productivity stipend
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful engineering manager and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.