Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers everyone to create incredible experiences for the web — without writing any code.
The Core team is focused on transforming Webflow into foundational building blocks that will enable internal and 3rd party developers to extend and multiply Webflow’s value in a visual-first, scalable and secure way. We’re looking for a Senior QA Specialist to help us build a scalable infrastructure that will support this Platform initiative.
The User Systems team is responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure and feature set that enables Webflow customers to deliver a first-party user management system. This includes features like account creation, user and role-based content gating, and per-user customized experiences.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote (Western Hemisphere)
- Roles available: 2
As a Senior QA Specialist, you’ll:
- Explore emerging technologies and propose how to apply them to the existing codebase
- Collaborate with a remote team of software engineers, product managers, designers and QA specialists in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Solve problems in a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people, and serves millions of page views per hour
- Model, create and deploy solutions that make it possible for anyone to create for the web
- Write, review, perform various testing activities around MongoDB, Express, and Flux stores
- Interact with, test, and document our REST and GraphQL APIs using tools such as Postman, Curl, and Insomnia
- Model risk, troubleshoot problems, participate in the conceptual design of systems, and collaborate with our backend, front-end, and full-stack software engineers
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the workweek) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Senior QA Specialist if you:
- Treat your teammates with respect and value team success over personal success
- Want to help our customers not only to create without code, but to actually operate a business — you’ll be creating jobs and helping others find a new career, start that dream business, and put food on the table.
- Feel confident using synchronous and asynchronous tools (Slack and GitHub) to enable and contribute to cross-team collaboration
- Enjoy creative problem solving
- Can work independently to accomplish tasks or know when to consult with your teammates
- Believe in radical candor and can receive and deliver effective and polite feedback.
- Understand our customers and can advocate for their needs inside the User Systems team
- Have big ideas and aren't afraid to share them with the team to improve the product, working environment, or software delivery lifecycle.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We give you a 5 week sabbatical after 5 years of service
- We provide remote employees with the equipment and productivity stipend they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior QA Specialist and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.