Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers everyone to create incredible experiences for the web — without writing any code. The Platform team is focused on transforming Webflow into foundational building blocks that will empower internal and 3rd party developers to extend and multiply Webflow’s value in a visual-first, scalable, and secure way. This role will help us build a scalable testing infrastructure that will support this Platform initiative.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote (anywhere in the Western Hemisphere)
As a Software Engineer on the Core team, you’ll
- Empower your fellow engineers to lead the NoCode revolution and to lead meaningful and impactful lives.
- Implement foundational work and refactoring efforts across our stack
- Assist with migrating a product into a platform
- Work on a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people, and serves millions of page views an hour
- Cross-collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Jest and Cypress)
- Learn best practices, design considerations, and quality controls
- Support others on your team in a technical capacity
- Receive support designed to help you grow as an impactful engineer and a healthy human being
You’ll thrive as a Software Engineer if you have:
- Experience with language syntax trees and functional programming languages
- Understanding of data design and modeling
- Built and worked on complex web applications
- An understanding of design patterns — and an even better knowledge of when to apply them
- Comfortable behind a Linux terminal
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role's requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move uncomfortably fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful product leader and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!