Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to help us improve the stability and availability of our Kubernetes infrastructure in support of the rest of the engineering team. Our infrastructure not only supports our main Webflow application, but it also hosts all the wonderful sites built with Webflow and serves millions of page views per hour. We are working on some incredible products and we need your expertise to do it.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco or Remote (Western Hemisphere)
- Full- time
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll …
- Architect and build scalable infrastructure using Terraform, Kubernetes (EKS), and Docker
- Use your experience running highly scalable systems to improve our development and deployment processes
- Work on our high-performance web hosting infrastructure in Lua
- Contribute to our codebase and add your own features
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer if you have:
- Experience in engineering scalable, multi-tier environments using either Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Deep, hands-on knowledge of container orchestration and infrastructure management tools
- Strong TCP/IP networking abilities
- Previous experience in either Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Familiarity with open source configuration, orchestration, and CI/CD tools
- Experience working in a 24/7 production engineering organization
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move uncomfortably fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We give you a 5 week sabbatical after 5 years of service
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Infrastructure Engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!