Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Payroll Manager to assist with the development of our payroll function. As one of our early finance team members, you’ll have the opportunity to develop yourself in the role and play a key role in building processes, procedures, and programs to support the finance and accounting function.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco, HQ office or Remote USA
As a Payroll Manager, you’ll …
- Implement a prompt and efficient payroll cycle process, including but not limited to base pay, stock compensation, payroll taxes, 401k, statutory, and supplemental benefits, etc.
- Own month-end close, quarter-end, and year-end processes for payroll, including reviewing/approving journal entries, account reconciliations, and accruals
- Develop, carry out, and manage key policies and procedures for global payroll
- Collaborate with the People team to ensure accuracy on payments such as401(k) matching, commuter benefits, HRA, etc.
- Proactively prepare relevant management, board reports, and statistics as needed
- Stay up to date on regulations, benefits changes, and labor laws impacting the payroll process, and stay compliant in all payroll tax jurisdictions
- Make sure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions, and terminations are completed accurately, timely and in compliance with regulations
- Cultivate working relationships with key clients, third-party providers, and other teams at Webflow to resolve issues, and improve the overall efficiency of our processes.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the workweek) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as (a) Payroll Manager if you:
- Are excited about building separate business functions from scratch
- Have experience with and/or understand key payroll processes such as international payroll, contractors pay, distributed workforce, multi-state taxation and equity vesting processes
- Have experience managing end-to-end global payroll processes
- Understand general business operations and internal control concepts
- Are able to communicate and cultivate a working relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Have the ability to collaborate as a team member and work independently as conflicts and challenges arise
- Can balance multiple projects and meet important deadlines
- Experience with and knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft/Google/Apple products
- Have experience with various payroll systems (Gusto, Paylocity, ADP, etc ), and migrating to new payroll systems
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Payroll Manager and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.