Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you'll have an impact:
As an Team Lead for the Robot Software Platform Team, you will lead engineers in building the software infrastructure for Wayve’s next-generation hardware platform which will run on our autonomous vehicles. The Software Platform team is responsible for designing and developing reliable and observable software solutions. Other challenges include: the integration of new sensors, collection of data at massive scale, and optimisation of the software stack for latency, consistency, and observability.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the software development lifecycle
- Lead technical discussions and guide technical direction where needed
- Work closely with team members to develop career plans and growth trajectories
- Define and own the strategy, vision and metrics for the Software Platform team
What you'll bring to Wayve:
- Experience managing software engineers and their careers
- Practical experience with: Embedded Linux systems, scalable or distributed systems, robotics
- Strong foundational coding knowledge and experience
- Experience performant systems language like C, C++ and/or Rust
- Experience in building software for high performance computing systems with large scale of data throughput
- Track record of promoting engineering best practices
- Prior experience building and leading teams at a growing company
**Experience with ML, robotics or autonomous vehicles is not required for this role
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time
- Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross. If your role is possible to do remotely we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.