Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team, we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact
We’re looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer with a passion to develop the next generation of autonomous vehicles. You’ll be working as part of a team to integrate sensors, computers, and other vehicle electronics onto vehicle platforms. These full-cycle efforts will include initial requirements gathering from relevant teams, evaluation of different options, design and analysis of potential solutions, identifying manufacturing solutions, and validating the performance of the vehicle in service. You’ll be able to see your work deployed in the field to enable the next step forward in autonomous driving.
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- 3+ years of experience in electronics or electrical systems design from concept to production
- Strong communication skills with both hardware peers on design details and wider team on design tradeoffs
- Experience solving problems as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering (or equivalent)
- Developing and writing test procedures, carrying out electrical tests
- Schematic design and capture
- Electronic component selection
- Connector selection, cable and harness design
- Writing and reviewing design documentation
- Board bringup and initial testing
- Troubleshooting electrical and/or electronic systems
- Working with suppliers/CMs for design validation and manufacturing
- Working in Altium Designer
- Working with Linux
- Automotive industry experience
Desirable experience is not essential. The responsibilities of this role are varied and flexible; you will be supported to learn, develop and grow some of these skills as part of the role.
What we offer you
- Attractive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous driving and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Relocation support with visa sponsorship
- This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross, London or Mountain View, Bay Area. If your role is possible to do remotely we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.