Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning. With our multi-national world-class technical team, we’re building things differently.
We don’t think it’s scalable to tell an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent: capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars: the first to deploy in 100 cities across the world bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
The impact you will have
Wayve is partnering with two of the UK’s biggest online grocery delivery fleets to trial live operations of our self-driving technology, on public roads in 2022. As the Technical Delivery Manager responsible for Wayve’s deployment of autonomy with our initial customer partners, you will be ensuring we ship the world’s first AV2.0 Driver.
Working closely with the Product Lead for Wayve’s Driver, you will help steer multi-disciplinary teams to build a highly complex product. Your skills and expertise as “Air Traffic Controller” will be integral to the success of a program that is at the heart of Wayve’s company priorities, and that is key to our commercial success.
You will be a key member of our Product function, collaborating across our Product Families to ensure what we ship not only meets the immediate needs of our customer partnerships, but also builds towards the long-term commercial success of our Products.
This means you will:
- Work with Engineering and Operations teams across the company to embed delivery practices that work for Wayve and our culture. We are building something different and this means we need to adapt and find ways of working to suit.
- Manage dependencies and remove blockers to ensure smooth delivery across multi-disciplinary teams. Constantly monitor and navigate conflicting demands; ensuring all stakeholders have sufficient context for key decisions.
- Own the delivery roadmap for our first customer deployments of autonomy - focusing on the outcome, not just the process.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Leads, Product team and Partnerships team to define the scope of what we ship to customers, and when - contributing to strategic questions that define our direction.
- Build a strong community in Wayve around the program, ensuring motivation and ownership for Wayve’s first customer milestones for autonomy.
- Inform the budget management for the program, liaising with the Product Lead and Head of Finance on how scope and timeline affect strategic commercial decisions.
You will be essential to Wayve’s mission, deeply enjoy what you do, take immense pride in being a small part of something big, and love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
This role will be based in our London King’s Cross HQ.
- You have a track record of enabling multiple teams to ship customer-facing products with high technical complexity.
- You have at least 5 years of experience working closely with multi-disciplinary teams to develop and ship products at an early stage of maturity.
- You are able to clearly communicate, and translate between, customer and product expectations and technical feasibility. You are comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders internally and externally.
- You get energy from enabling and coaching others.
- You’re excited to experiment to find what processes actually work.
- You are deeply curious about building something new and relish the idea of helping to define AV2.0 and how we build it.
- You consider yourself to have an optimistic and open-minded attitude towards solving problems and want to take on the challenge of AVs: the space-race of our generation!
This is our ideal candidate, but by no means the only candidate; we all have different strengths. If you don’t match 100% but believe you could do the job well, we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive compensation, on-site chef and bar, lots of fun socials, workplace nursery scheme, comprehensive private health insurance and more!
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving, and thus bring about a real world deployment of a breakthrough technology.
- Help relocating/travelling to London, with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.