Who we are
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact
We’re looking for adventurous, talented and creative people to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles. You’ll use your driving skills and experience to operate and monitor our autonomous driving system’s performance during on-road tests, primarily on public roads, and be ready to respond quickly and effectively to guarantee safety.
What you’ll do
- Monitor, respond to, and evaluate our autonomous driving system and ensure safe testing at all times
- Assist in the detection and reporting of safety and performance issues, and software and hardware faults so that they can be resolved quickly
- Support test and projects planning, and the design and improvement of operational procedures to deliver optimal testing
- Gather expert driving data covering a range of scenarios which will be used to train our AI
- Advanced driving background, e.g. Grade A driving instructor/emergency services driver courses
- Full clean UK driving licence
- At least 8 years driving experience
- Good knowledge of London and the Home Counties
- Able to work alone for long periods of time
- Resourceful, adaptable and flexible, with a keen interest in solving problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, or equivalent
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomy and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- In-house chef, learning & development opportunities, lots of team socials, and more
Wayve is built on people and their differences gives us strength. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and encourage people from all walks of life to join our journey, growing and expanding with us. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it.