Ready to be a part of the future of autonomous vehicles?
At Wayve, our vision re-thinks the conventional approach to autonomous vehicles (AVs). Based in London, our team are award-winning and world-leading thinkers in the fields of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. Our mission is to leverage our ground-breaking approach to AVs and bring the world safe and trustworthy autonomous mobility.
What we’re looking for
Our Autonomy Operations team is growing, and we’re looking for a resourceful, adaptable and motivated Autonomous Vehicle Technician to join our team and assist in converting, upgrading and maintaining our fleet of Level 4+ AVs.
- Install our computer system, sensors and vehicle controls package
- Collaborate with engineers to design practical, scalable solutions for fleet upgrades
- Guarantee the serviceability of our fleet
- Support our driver crew by reporting faults, and resolving hardware issues quickly and effectively
- Fabricate prototype parts, such as brackets, enclosures, and other mounting hardware
- Assist in the day-to-day running of the workshop, including stock takes, and health and safety management
- Assist in maintaining the fleet's legal roadworthiness and presentation
- At Least 5 years working in a fast-paced workshop environment
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings and diagnose faults from them
- Familiar with repairing vehicles from an OEM’s repair manual, covering component and bodywork repairs
- Experienced in handling, modifying and repairing ESSD devices, including soldering
- Experienced in using general workshop lifting equipment
- Experienced in reading and interpreting faults from diagnostic codes and manufacturers’ test equipment
- Experienced in using general machine shop tools for fabrication, for example, pillar drill, band saw, linisher, grinders, painting, polishing, sheet metal bending, composite materials and adhesives
Nice to haves
- Experienced in fabricating wiring harnesses from spreadsheets/schematics to aviation/rail/motorsport wiring standards
- Good knowledge of current automotive technology, ADAS and onboard vehicle networks
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Relocation support
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous vehicles while being part of a team that will value your effort and contribution.
Wayve is built on people and their differences give us strength. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it and are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace that encourages people from all walks of life to join us on our journey.
To further explore Wayve, please visit our website: https://wayve.ai/