WHO ARE WE?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
WHERE YOU’LL HAVE IMPACT
We’re looking for adventurous, talented and creative engineers to join our robotics team in building the next-generation of autonomous vehicles. You'll be responsible for developing the systems in our autonomous vehicle stack, from research and prototyping through to the production implementation. With several exciting early stage projects, this is an opportunity to have a significant impact on the algorithms, architecture, and technology we're building at Wayve.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO WAYVE
- PhD or MSc in robotics, computer science, engineering or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in a robotics, autonomy, AR/VR, or related field
- 3+ years writing modern C++
- Knowledge of software engineering principles
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals - data structures, algorithm design, etc
- Technical leadership experience, e.g. where you led a project, team, feature development or trial
- Experience developing algorithms and/or software in one or more: SLAM, state estimation, sensor calibration, perception, motion tracking, prediction, planning, control
- Experience working with multiple sensor modalities, e.g. cameras, lidar, radar, inertial
- Experience building and deploying robots, sensors or devices in the real world
- Experience working with large datasets
- Knowledge of modern machine learning techniques is a plus, but not a requirement for this role
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomy and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- In-house chef, learning & development opportunities, lots of team socials, and more!
Wayve is built on people and their differences gives us strength. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and encourage people from all walks of life to join our journey, growing and expanding with us. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it.