WHO ARE WE?
We’re building artificial intelligence capable of complex driving using end-to-end deep learning; one which can scale across diverse urban environments. Wayve is building a full driving software system which is data-driven at every layer, learning to drive. Our unique end-to-end machine learning approach learns to drive in complex, never-seen-before urban environments. We learn to drive with computer vision by both observing human driving, and by using reinforcement learning.
This is one of the world’s hardest and most impactful problems to solve. Which is why we are building a diverse, world class team of people. We are motivated to turn up, not for a job, but for an opportunity to work with clever people on difficult problems which leave a positive impact on the world we live in.
What we’re looking for
We are looking to find hands-on candidates for a Technical Product Manager role, helping Wayve take complex, multidisciplinary products to market. Specialising in Safety Critical Systems.
How you’ll make an impact
You will work with external partners to understand the market and customer needs, define product roadmaps, lead a team championing one of Wayve key products while working with Wayve’s wider team to ensure our product lines get to market and achieve commercial success.
What you’ll take care of
- Work closely with software and hardware technical leads and engineers to drive technology advancements through to commercialisation.
- Define products based on market needs, assess and shape requirements based on customer needs and commercial outcomes. Understand and navigate technical trade-offs, coordinate the team to successfully evolve tools and the operational processes to achieve them.
- Manage complex projects at a large scale, spanning many functional teams and cross-functional initiatives.
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risk, communicate status to upper management and external stakeholders. While engaging and energising the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress, identify gaps in communication or schedule, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities, and drive results proactively.
- Understand technical implementation at the architectural level and propose technical alternatives when necessary; ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be effective.
- Support technical and strategic planning, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for initiatives and developing those into detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning, and hiring goals).
About you & what you bring
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Technical Product Manager, Product Manager, or Engineering Manager, or Engineer in an autonomous systems, robotics, or software development environment.
- Experience in managing both a product roadmap and a team delivering that roadmap.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related area, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability preferred.
- Direct, measurable impact through the design, development and launch of groundbreaking products.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks; ability to work closely with engineers of many disciplines.
- Knowledge of advanced system architectures, computer science, software and hardware development lifecycles.
- Eye for detail and willingness to get involved to ensure technical deadlines can be achieved.
- Prior experience planning and delivering a go-to-market strategy.
- Experience in project management; practical familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and ability to apply them appropriately.
- Track record of delivering safety critical products requiring hardware and software compliance.
- Working knowledge of hardware and software standards; IEC61508, ISO26262, SOTIF or similar.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous vehicles