Waymark is a team of healthcare providers, technologists, and builders whose mission is to bring the best healthcare to people with Medicaid benefits. Guided by the communities we serve, we bring support and technology-enabled care to help primary care providers keep Medicaid patients healthy. We are building the tools and designing an approach to enable care to reach the patients who can benefit most.
Our core values embody the essence of what makes Waymark a unique team today, and what we look for, nurture, and sustain as a team. We are bold builders, believing that the greatest challenges in care delivery can be solved when we harness the power of community and technology. We are humble learners, seeking feedback and perspectives different from our own, and welcome challenges to our conclusions. We experiment to improve, actively seeking data to inform decisions and to assess our own performance. We act with focused urgency, our commitment to our mission drives us to tirelessly pursue results.
If this vision resonates with you, we hope you consider bringing your creativity, your energy, your curiosity to Waymark.
As Advanced Practice Pharmacist lead in the Northwest (Washington, Oregon), you will be key to our efforts to provide better care and support to vulnerable populations. Reporting to Waymark's Head of Clinical, you will work with vulnerable populations, coaching and improving primary care physicians' prescribing behaviors, redirecting care to cost-effective solutions, and providing education, medication titration, and support (including with PAs, complex infusions, and DME) to patients receiving Medicaid benefits.
- Develop and test protocols and processes for pharmacists assisting primary care providers, community health workers, social workers, and care coordinators to improve care outcomes for patients receiving Medicaid
- Communicate with patients and providers through multi-modal CRMs including multiple EHRs, text, phone, and video
- Work with analytics and engineering teams to develop and use dashboards for pharmacists to proactively outreach patients
- Participate in QI activities to assure quality, cost-effectiveness, and ROI
- Potentially hire, mentor and supervise junior pharmacists and pharm techs
- Licensed PharmD with good standing in Washington State
- 10+ years of experience in pharmacy, including delivery of interventions among vulnerable populations
- Experience in multi-disciplinary care management
- Positive references from prior mentees and supervisors
- Areas of expertise:
- - Chronic conditions: diabetes, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, heart failure, asthma/COPD, frequent fliers of ED, +/- anticoagulation
- - Behavioral health/psychiatric specialists
- - Women’s health/pediatrics specialists
- Advanced Practice Pharmacy credential and experience
- PGY2 ambulatory care training
- Ambulatory care board certification
- Diabetes, lipid, and/or hypertension certification
- LEAN Six Sigma/QI experience, with Green Belt or above Lean certification
- Strong analytic skills and ability to work with multiple data registries for proactive patient outreach