Warby Parker is looking for an all-star Vendor Manager who can help us bring in world-class technology vendors. As an integral member of the Technology team, the Vendor Manager works with all Warby Parker employees looking for tech-based solutions to their business needs and connects them with the best possible vendors. The person in this role will work with strategic vendors and must have the presence and communication skills to represent Warby Parker when doing so. Love technology, and love seeing it solve problems? Are you great at working with vendors? Love negotiating? This is the gig for you. Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Own the process of vetting and selecting technology vendors via our pilot and RFP processes. Your goal: help Warby Parker select the best vendors.
- Negotiate business terms with vendors during proposals and renewals
- Track performance and success metrics for each vendor
- Manage technology vendors through the partnership lifecycle (this includes vetting, onboarding, reviews, renewals, offboarding, and anything in-between)
- Compile and manage our technology vendor budget and analyze how we spend it
Who you are:
- Equipped with 3 or more years in a vendor-management-related role
- An expert communicator with great interpersonal skills. (This role is about constantly building relationships and dealing with people, both vendors and Warby Parker stakeholders.)
- A skilled negotiator with an understanding of business terms
- An analytical thinker who knows their way around a spreadsheet. (We manage a lot of vendors and translating those relationships into numbers is no easy job.)
- Process-oriented, and ready and able to drive our RFP, pilot, and other vendor-related processes
- Comfortable working on your own and also working with different teams to help them figure out the best technology solutions available to them
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings