Calling all retail store design gurus! Do you have a knack for connecting the unconnected to creative ideas and translating brand strategy into an award winning retail experience? Are you a master collaborator who can seamlessly usher designs from conceptual stages through permitting? Are you an AutoCAD and/or REVIT super user with a love for 3D renderings?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Warby Parker is hiring a Retail Store Designer to design retail stores and create amazing store experiences!
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for design development and management of assigned design projects, while maintaining project schedules and ensuring brand standards & timelines are maintained. Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Develop design layouts for assigned projects using AutoCAD or REVIT within the parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment and input from cross-functional teams.
- Prepare and presentation drawings to communicate design intent to Warby Parker stakeholders
- Manage the production of construction documents by internal and/or external designers and consultants.
- Manage shop drawing reviews as it relates to each individual store project, including but not limited to Sign shops and Millwork shops
- Collaborate with PMs and GCs and resolve design-related issues or significant site changes/field conditions that occur during construction.
- Appropriately define, document and resolve any site-specific, non-typical design or existing site elements.
- Contribute to development team goals by achieving target deliverables on number of stores and meeting all established deadlines.
- Maintain accurate and updated drawings files to include As-builts.
Who you are:
- 5-7 years of project management experience within a retail organization (managing construction and external architectural and/or design teams)
- Expert in CAD drafting using Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup software
- Able to communicate design through hand sketches and 3D visualization and translate design principles into unique and varied store locations
- Able to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives under tight timelines resulting in exceptional store environments
- Highly knowledgeable of industry trends (furniture and finishes), building codes, compliance issues
- An energetic multitasker who can balance competing priorities while constantly paying attention to detail
- A strong problem solver and decision maker, even in autonomous work environment
- Experience using a web-based project management collaboration system such as Expesite/Accruent
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings