Warby Parker is on the lookout for a creative, highly motivated, and results-oriented Communication Manager to drive and define internal communications for our Operations team! Supporting the Customer Experience and Manufacturing/Lab teams, you’ll effectively manage a communications plan that includes in-person programming and digital content that keep our Operations teams informed and engaged. Sound cool? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Manage communications for the Operations team, including the Customer Experience and Operations teams post-onboarding
- Ensure that employee and customer-facing content is engaging, relevant, productive, and reflective of our brand through both in-person and digital channels
- Develop and lead communications to support changing management initiatives; optimize the format and cadence to support staffing efficiencies across CX and Operations
- Drive the communication of cross-functional solutions for customer-facing policy improvements as needed and in partnership with the Legal, Brand, and customer-facing teams
- Design various communications strategies to support larger team objectives and maintain a best-in-class customer satisfaction score (e.g., knowledge retention, first contact resolution, policy adherence, order prescription time, cost savings)
- Oversee the creation and use of our knowledge base (i.e., help center, response templates), outgoing customer-facing content, and internal communications for the Operations team
- Collaborate across teams to create and propose relevant collateral, cohesive messaging, and distribution strategies and ensure that the Operations team is aware of company-wide initiatives and updates
- Work closely with other members of the Communications team on additional external and internal communications tasks, as needed
- Support crisis communications efforts, as needed
Who you are:
- A strong people leader who can drive strategic direction while allowing for individual autonomy and accountability
- Equipped with hands-on experience in contact centers (BPO and/or in-house) and with escalated customer-facing communications
- Experience aligning and organizing communication efforts to overall customer outcomes in support of company objectives
- A positive thinker and cross-functional collaborator who communicates effectively online and in person
- Someone who’s capable of leading high-visibility projects from start to finish with measurable results
- A team player who’s excited to foster and maintain a culture of empowerment, engagement, trust, and accountability
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.