At Warby Parker, we’ve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world. Now, we’re searching for a motivated Security and Integrations Engineer to join our 80+ person in-house Engineering team to help take this mission to the next step.
In this role, you will be responsible for automating and integrating security solutions deployed across our operating environments. Your work will directly support the world-class software applications that power Warby Parker day in and day out. We build most of our technology in-house (think: e-commerce systems, business systems, and everything in between). The point-of-sale system, called “Point of Everything,” that supports our 100+ retail fleet? The Virtual Vision Test app that lets our customers renew their glasses prescriptions from home? The enterprise resource planning software that runs our entire business operations? We built them all—and more!—by listening closely to customers and collaborators alike (from Finance to Supply Chain) and by being relentlessly iterative. Project to project, working here is an exciting opportunity to build products at the intersection of medical devices, e-commerce, retail, and fashion.
Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator, with a broad knowledge of RESTful APIs, ETL workflows, data parsing and regex, and how to integrate applications with varying requirements. They are extremely proficient with a programming language and are able to conceptualize a project from start to finish. We’re looking for someone who likes to dream up and implement creative solutions to a wide variety of real-world technical issues. If you're a motivated software engineer who takes your work seriously—but not yourself—you may be just what we're looking for. Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Create integrations and tooling that amplifies the SecOps team’s productivity
- Master our cloud security by ensuring our AWS infrastructure is well protected and our tools are operating at peak efficiency
- Build systems and processes that drive SecDevOps adoption across the organization
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to improve our tools and strategies, promoting a security-first mindset
- Review third party services and integrations (and, of course, the risk impact associated with their use)
- Become a collaborative resource for information security for both technical and non-technical colleagues
Who you are:
- Backed by 3+ years of experience (or equivalent knowledge) in a development role, with at least 1 year of hands-on AWS experience
- Deeply knowledgeable of AWS IAM, least-privilege access, security groups, VPCs and AWS networking best practices, and infrastructure security practices
- Highly proficient with a programming language such as Python or Go
- Equipped with a knowledge of security best practices and encryption related to integrations and ETLs
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Pertinent AWS Certifications
- Experience with e-commerce security
- Familiarity with HIPAA compliance
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.