Warby Parker is on the lookout for an experienced Head of Customer Experience to oversee our Customer Experience teams at multiple company-owned facilities while effectively engaging with internal and external partners. In this position, you’ll direct our day-to-day customer engagement interactions, plus guide management and strategy & operations teams as we aim to satisfy and delight each Warby Parker customer with all of their eyewear needs. You will also be a key contributor to our strategic plans of increasing the scale of our network while paving the way for future growth. Ready to lead an extraordinary team? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Be accountable for designing and overseeing strategies that streamline and optimize customer experience in accordance with Warby Parker’s vision and values
- Identify opportunities to leverage systems, processes, standardization, technology, or other vehicles that improve overall performance and lower cost while maintaining or enhancing customer experience
- Act as the voice of the customer in the business, driving the improvement of performance measures, metrics, and service level agreements across the organization to improve the overall customer journey and maintain our Net Promoter Score
- Exemplify, promote, and support a diverse workforce
- Foster and maintain a culture of empowerment, engagement, trust, and accountability
- Establish vision and strategies that foster a high-performing team and best-in-class workplace environment
- Develop and achieve budget and fiscal targets, as well as provide direct contribution to cost reduction through the design of efficient workflow processes, staffing systems, and application of appropriate technology
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and leaders across the organization to manage expectations and drive alignment.
- Leverage multiple operational functions and principles (including finance, retail sales, supply chain, and human resources) while using data analytics tools and software applications to drive for results
Who you are:
- Equipped with 15+ years of hands-on experience in contact centers, retail operations, healthcare administration, business, or related field
- The proud owner of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Finance, Business, Economics, or related field; a master's degree is a big plus!
- Armed with a proven track record of developing, coaching, training, and retaining top talent with high levels of engagement
- A strong people leader with the ability to drive strategic direction while also allowing for individual autonomy and accountability
- A positive thinker and an organized, strong cross-functional collaborator who communicates effectively online and in person
- Someone who’s capable of leading high-visibility projects from start to finish with measurable results
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time (once we can do that kind of thing again)
- Not on the Officer of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Advanced engineering degree and/or Lean Six Sigma certification
- Optical industry experience
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.