Does the idea of bringing stores to life around the country (and Canada!) send your heart racing? Are you a super-organized retail expert with a passion for design? If you answered a resounding “yes” to both questions, we may have the job for you. Warby Parker is on the lookout for a motivated Store Designer to oversee the design process for each of our retail locations—from initial concepting to grand opening. In this position, you’ll ensure we stay true to our design aesthetics while also seeing that ideas are finalized, permits are obtained, and the PMs have the design support they need in order to complete construction in a timely fashion. Sound right up your alley? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Manage the schematic design process for Warby Parker retail locations and prepare drawings, renderings, and other presentation materials for regular internal design review meetings
- Partner and coordinate design activities with internal stakeholders, architects, engineers, suppliers, and millwork vendors
- Oversee all phases of design development and provide the information needed to complete construction drawings on time
- Review, redline, and approve all construction documents to ensure all storefront, millwork, and signage drawings reflect our design intent
- Collaborate with our Construction, Retail Operations, Brand, Product Strategy, and Vision Services teams to resolve programming needs according to our budgets and project schedules
- Identify and escalate issues that can adversely impact project schedules, costs, or design integrity
- Maintain current and accurate records—including drawings, approvals, and other communication—for all of your assigned projects
- Participate in the collaborative design of new store concepts
Who you are:
- Backed by 2–4 years of professional experience in a similar retail role
- Equipped with a degree in architecture or interior design
- Highly deft and dexterous in SketchUp (renderings using SU Podium), Adobe Creative Suite, and AutoCAD
- A self-starter who is able to work independently and on tight timelines
- An organizational powerhouse who can prioritize work and juggle responsibilities
- An eloquent communicator (written, verbal, and graphic) who's able to convey complex issues succinctly and with the appropriate priority
- Proactive and hard working, with a no-task-too-small attitude
- A natural collaborator who's excited to work in a team environment
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Proficiency in G Suite
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.