Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Quality Manager to join our second in-house optical lab in Las Vegas, Nevada where you’ll be responsible for overseeing the processes and teams that ensure our best-in-class laboratory provides a remarkable customer experience. Reporting into the General Manager, our ideal candidate enjoys teaching, training, and developing teams as well as paying attention to the finer details that meet (and exceed) Warby Parker quality standards. Sound like you? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Work with the HQ Quality team and the Production Manager to monitor, evaluate, analyze, and improve product quality
- Own key metrics for the facility including production breakage and return rates
- Manage, coach, mentor, and develop employees to foster a collaborative environment and individual and department performance
- Actively participate in training and development activities for production and quality employees to ensure compliance with department SOPs and work processes
- Help draft SOPs and procedural communication in coordination with management
- Complete daily batch audits in various departments to ensure frame rework process and quality standards are met
Who you are:
- Equipped with 5+ years of Quality Assurance and/or Quality Control experience in a large scale manufacturing environment
- Lean Six Sigma certified
- A safety-first leader who’s attentive to detail (every single one)
- Passionate about delivering quality product that meets and exceeds company standards
- Experienced with people management in an industrial environment
- Inquisitive and analytical, interested in root cause analysis and corrective action to resolve personnel issues
- A positive team leader (and exceptional team player!) who can quickly build respect within their team and across stakeholder groups
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Licensed dispensing optician (Nevada preferred)
- Previous experience working on regulated products, in made-to-assemble production, or at a large optical lab
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.