We’re thrilled to announce the opening of our second in-house optical lab in Las Vegas, Nevada. As a vertically integrated brand, this lab is the next step in continuing to provide a remarkable customer experience, allowing for more sustainable growth across our supply chain.
We’re looking for an experienced and exceptional Production Manager to join our core management team. This person will oversee a high-performing team of finishing employees and all job production within the department.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all job production in our finishing department, from edging to completed job shipment
- Own key metrics for the facility, including production breakage, OEE, and labor efficiency to meet production goals
- Maintain a safe working environment by supporting the creation (and then overseeing the training) of a comprehensive health and safety program for the facility; you’ll also partner with the management team to ensure the facility is meeting all local, state, and federal OSHA requirements, including COVID-19 processes
- Manage, coach, mentor and develop employees through routine meetings to discuss individual and department performance and goals
- Support the Maintenance team by alerting the need for calibration based on reject reports and observations
- Resolve bottleneck issues that arise during production and maintain continuous production flow by making the necessary talent changes to meet productions goals
- Manage and report on breakage and material waste for the department
- Identify additional opportunities to continuously improve production objectives
- Foster a collaborative environment with team members within the manufacturing operations team, leading by example and following our core values
- Actively participate in the training and development activities for production employees, including onboarding, technical training, and ongoing refreshers to ensure compliance with department SOPs and process work instructions
Who you are:
- Equipped with 5+ years of production experience in a high-volume operation
- Extensive people management experience in an industrial environment, having previously lead groups of 75+ associates; you enjoy teaching and training and are able to resolve personnel issues
- Obsessive about quality and diligent about the QC process
- You enjoy working with your hands and are mechanically inclined
- Focused on continuous improvement and always looking for opportunities to improve
- A positive team leader (and exceptional team player!) who can quickly build respect within their team and across stakeholder groups
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Previous experience working on regulated products
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Has worked in a large optical lab; knowledge of ANSI standards and edging process
- Experience with made to assemble production
- CPR certified
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.