Love Tech? Love Retail? Love Warby Parker? We’re searching our next Retail IT Program Manager to join our core Tech Services team and help build, manage, and maintain our expanding network of retail stores! Interested in the job? Keep reading below.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee planning and design of all technical aspects of retail store construction process/work breakdown structure
- Iterative process improvement and to reduce cost and improve consistency, avoiding store and vendor related issues
- Research new systems and best-in-class retail technology approaches
- Partner with New Stores Team to create plans for one-off pop-up and concept stores
- Ensure that project plans are based on approved and agreed-upon requirements while maintaining overall control of internal technology, vendors, budget, and schedule.
- Work closely with New Stores Team and vendors to ensure effective communication and collaboration
- Write and maintain amazing documentation (like a-mah-zing). Working knowledge of common diagramming techniques (i.e. swim lanes, process flows)
Who you are:
- Has worked 5+ years project managing retail construction projects in U.S. and Canada
- Excellent communication skills (both online and offline!), plus the ability to work with team members at all levels—you’re also able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teammates
- Familiar with cutting-edge retail technology and New Store Opening methodologies
- Exposure to POS, networks, low voltage, audio/video, hardware, and loss prevention
- Comfortable with budget planning
- Data literate
- Eye for details
- An eager participant in our knowledge gain-and-share culture
- Lean or Six Sigma
- Strong knowledge of agile
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially-conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings