Warby Parker is on the lookout for a motivated Purchasing Manager to oversee the sourcing of finishes, fixtures, and equipment for our new store openings (NSOs), remodels, and special projects. You’ll define and execute the process by which we obtain owner furnished items, acting as a key partner for the Store Design, Construction, and Visual teams in the buildout of retail projects. Sound like the job for you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Manage the purchasing of all owner furnished items (OFI), including finish materials, fixtures, and equipment
- Maintain relationships, negotiate pricing and track inventory with owner vendors for all OFI, sourcing new suppliers as design needs arise
- Administer a takeoff process that ensures all items shown on the drawings are being accounted for and purchase orders reflect design intent accurately
- Set and enforce milestones for internal partners, securing approvals of purchase orders, shop drawings, and other documentation in order to meet delivery dates
- Establish material delivery schedules, track production progress, and communicate updates and changes to the GC and internal partners as required
- Track and analyze OFI spending on all capital projects for retail, reporting accruals quarterly and flagging budget overages appropriately
Who you are:
- Backed by 5+ years of experience in the purchasing of fixtures, furnishings, and equipment for a retail company
- An organized and agile multitasker who can juggle many projects at one time
- An adept problem-solver who stays cool under the pressure of tight deadlines
- An empathetic team player who collaborates well with business partners and vendors
- A skilled communicator who articulates problems and solutions with ease
- Comfortable reading construction drawings, shop drawings, submittals, bids, proposals, and lease exhibits
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)