Warby Parker is on the lookout for an innovative, curious Strategy Manager to develop and execute new projects that advance our product line. Reporting to the Senior Director of Merchandise Planning, you’ll oversee projects from start to finish, owning the research, analysis, timelines, and implementation. This is a highly collaborative role in which you’ll partner with many cross-functional teams across the organization, including Merchandising & Planning, Product Development, Finance, Supply Chain, Consumer Insights, and Brand Management. Our ideal candidate has a forward-thinking, resourceful spirit who’s excited to bring new ideas to life within Warby Parker’s fast evolving environment. Sound like your cup of tea (...or coffee, or matcha)? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Lead projects that expand our product line, including overseeing new lens type rollouts, developing our holiday strategy, and building a roadmap for internal tools to manage our assortments and plans
- Draw from style-level sales history, financial data, and consumer insights research to assess potential new strategies
- Identify work streams and develop roadmaps for strategic projects, partnering with your team members to determine realistic implementation periods
- Set success metrics and targets for your initiatives, while also projecting how they will impact our topline sales, gross margin, and SKU count
- Communicate strategic project plans across departments and to business leaders through high-impact presentations outlining project goals and progress, as well as facilitating meetings for feedback and approvals
Who you are:
- Equipped with 3+ years of experience in a highly analytic and strategic role in retail or consumer products (e.g., management consulting, corporate strategy, business development, investment banking, and the like)
- An optimistic, high-energy problem solver
- Analytical with a knack for data-driven decision making
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn
- Proactive and comfortable working through uncertainty
- A crystal-clear communicator, both in writing and in person, who’s experienced in translating data into strategic recommendations
- Comfortable leading cross-functional teams and providing project management support
- Not on the Officer of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Able to develop frameworks and analysis to support complex, strategic problem solving
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)