Warby Parker is on the lookout for a driven Junior IT Support Engineer to join our Technology Services team. Our proactive team is all about identifying the root cause of Help Desk requests and delivering solutions that are easy for people to use throughout the company — and we’ve seen great success! As Warby Parker has grown, our incoming ticket count has decreased year over year. If you’ve got the technological know-how to help us keep things rolling, read on!
What you’ll do:
- Answer, resolve, or escalate all incoming Level 1 and Level 2 support requests from our Offices, Retail Stores and Optical Lab.
- Take on non-ticket related tasks, such as new-hire account provisioning and hardware preparation and collection
- Reduce incoming ticket volume by collaborating on a variety of projects to resolve issues quickly and effectively (e.g., stocking our self-service hardware shelf, writing how-to articles)
- Participate in a seven-day on-call rotation for after-hours support
Who you are:
- Backed by 1+ year of Help Desk support experience
- Capable of supporting iOS, macOS, ChromeOS, and Windows devices
- Familiar with basic network protocols and troubleshooting
- An excellent communicator who’s confident providing remote assistance over the phone, via chat and email, or in person
- Familiar with the latest troubleshooting techniques, as well as A/V fundamentals
- A proactive, resilient problem solver and multitasker
- Passionate about technology
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience with Jamf Pro
- Experience managing G Suite Enterprise
- A working knowledge of Directory Services
- A+ Certification
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)