We are looking for a detail-oriented Executive Assistant who has experience working with C-suite. You’ll be embedded in the Engineering and Product functions and report directly to the Chief Software Development Officer. In this role, you’ll be the right-hand to the leader of our biggest team and will have far-reaching impact across the organization, with a front-row seat to the inner-workings of a fast-paced startup.
While Voltron Data is a world-wide remote organization, this role will be working closely with the Chief Software Development Officer. Desired location: Within 30 miles of Pleasanton is preferred - all applicants in the Bay Area will be considered.
Why work at Voltron Data?
- We’re Going for Impact: We are a Series A, venture-backed startup assembling a global team to build a new foundation for data analytics with Apache Arrow. This foundation will usher in a wave of innovation in data processing that can take full advantage of the speed and efficiency offered by modern hardware.
- We’re Committed to Bridging Open Source Communities: We are a collection of open source maintainers who have been driving open source ecosystems over the last 15 years, particularly in the C++, Python, and R programming ecosystems.
- We’re Building a Diverse, Inclusive Company: We are creating a representative, equitable, and respectful workplace that prioritizes employee growth. Everyone at Voltron Data is bought into the company’s success; all voices are critical to shaping the organization’s future.
What you get to do every day
- Act as first point of contact for all Chief Software Development Officer inquiries and provide high touch service supporting team members
- Establish and document processes and operational best practices in order to increase productivity and effectiveness across the team
- Ensure progress on priority work-streams, help build decision-making frameworks, deliverables, etc.
- Build cross-functional internal relationships and coordinate efforts with management and other Executive Assistants within the organization
- Prioritize a complex calendar: coordinate internal/ external meetings, arrange calls, etc
- Triage requests and debrief the executive on key information and items that they need to take a decision on or address
- Manage correspondence: filtering, responding or redirecting messages
- Arrange effective meetings by getting clear agendas, anticipating resources needed, ensuring appropriate length, commissioning preparatory work, writing notes and tracking actions
- Project work: ad hoc projects as required or in line with your interests
What you bring to the role
- Has at least 3 years of work experience in a similar position, preferably at a startup or quickly growing company with executive support
- C-level EA experience
- Expert at tools like Google Workspace and Slack, with an aptitude to quickly pick up and learn advanced functionality on other modern workplace tools. ClickUp or other project management software experience is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals to different stakeholders
- Strong organization skills and strong attention to detail; the ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently with sometimes little or no supervision
- Flexible, positive approach in a fast-paced environment, responding to evening and weekend calls/emails as required
- Experience working with executives in a rapidly growing environment preferably in technology, media, internet or related companies
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
Why you will love working at Voltron Data
Compensation - The salary range for this role is between $75,000 - $95,000. This information reflects a base salary range for this position based on current market data, and may vary by location. Exact compensation will be determined by the candidates' skills, experience, and other relevant factors. This position is also eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards.