We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Product Management expert with a focus in product operations. As a Product Management expert, you will work across technical product managers to implement and optimize end-to-end product management processes; ensure timely and audience-appropriate communication; analyze, synthesize, and automate data created or used by product management; and offload non-core product management tasks. You will report to the Chief Software Development Officer and work closely with colleagues across the executive leadership team to align our projects toward providing value and differentiation to target customers.
Why work at Voltron Data?
- We’re Going for Impact: We are a Series A, venture-backed startup assembling a global team to build a new foundation for data analytics with Apache Arrow. This foundation will usher in a wave of innovation in data processing that can take full advantage of the speed and efficiency offered by modern hardware.
- We’re Committed to Bridging Open Source Communities: We are a collection of open source maintainers who have been driving open source ecosystems over the last 15 years, particularly in the C++, Python, and R programming ecosystems.
- We’re Building a Diverse, Inclusive Company: We are creating a representative, equitable, and respectful workplace that prioritizes employee growth. Everyone at Voltron Data is bought into the company’s success; all voices are critical to shaping the organization’s future.
- Designing and implementing key processes that enable product launches
- Creating and maintaining product management documentation (e.g., product roadmap, acceptance criteria) to make processes sustainable and scalable
- Facilitating cross-team communications around feature launches, training materials, and onboarding plans
- Working with Product Marketing team to generate external content and communications around product narratives and premium content
- Establishing high quality processes and infrastructure for cross functional stakeholders to share issues with the consumer product team
- Codifying documentation of internal best practices, tooling, and process improvements
- Committed to inspiring a representative, equitable, and respectful workplace
- Communicating effectively and empathetically in speech and writing with diverse, globally distributed customers, colleagues, and open source community members
Previous experience that could be helpful:
- Leading a team of Product Managers with different expertise, working styles, and geographic locations
- Working with corporate open source projects, products, communities, and/or foundations
- Designing data analytics / data systems for data science or analysis needs
- Understanding the customer needs by partnering with data analytics, AI, and hardware industry leaders to anticipate product feature needs and prioritize for maximum impact with clear success and adoption criteria
The salary range for this role is between $200,000-$300,000. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, training, and skill level, so may be higher or lower than what is shown on this posting. This position is also eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards.
• Work from Anywhere - Payroll and Benefits in 150+ Countries
• Unlimited PTO
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Retirement [USA Only]
• Home Office Budget
• Continuing Education Budget
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.