We are looking for a highly motivated Non-Technical PMO Manager, Business Operation Manager, or Senior Manager. This is an IC role that will report to the VP of Operations in a globally remote position.
What you get to do every day:
- Collaborate with other department leaders across Sales, Operations, Marketing, Finance, and Legal to define, prioritize, and develop projects.
- Plan project management, including setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and assigning team members to various deliverables.
- Analyze financial data, including project budgets, risks, and resource allocation.
- Provide financial reports and budget outlines to Executives.
- Oversee the development of the project and ensuring that team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently while upholding the company's standards.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis.
- Draft new and improving existing project management office policies and processes.
- Continuously evaluate projects to ensure they are meeting company standards, adhering to budgets, and meeting deadlines.
- Accurately document project's creation, development, and execution as well as documenting the project's scope, budget, and justification.
What you bring to the role:
- NOT REQUIRED: Experience in Engineering/Product.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, or focus in General Management/Operations.
- Preferred but not required: MBA
- Minimum of three years experience in the tech start-up environment.
- Minimum two years experience building and establishing PMO standards and best practices.
- Minimum of one year experience in a supervisory position may be advantageous.
- Preferred but not required: Project Management/PMO/Business Operations/Administration experience in direct support of a company in the SAAS/Cloud/Deep Tech industry.
- PMP Certification is highly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and coworkers.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Forward-looking thinker, who proactively seeks opportunities for improvements and proposes solutions.
The salary range for this role is between $118,000 - $170,000. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, training, and skill level, so may be higher or lower than what is shown on this posting. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, competitive benefits package, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.