We are looking for a highly motivated engineer to join Voltron Data's team. On the team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with others in the Apache Arrow community to help build data connectivity protocols and interfaces. You will also work closely with the Voltron Data team to drive adoption of the protocols and interfaces in other projects.
- Spending time learning about key data connectivity protocols and interfaces components like Arrow Flight, Substrait, Arrow Flight SQL, ADBC, and more.
- Spending time learning about other projects that would like to adopt these components.
- Learning and embracing the Apache development process by making contributions to Apache Arrow.
Within a month:
- Regularly contributing to Apache Arrow to help grow and sustain the data connectivity components.
- Contributing to other projects in adopting the data connectivity components.
- Triaging, root causing, and resolving bugs and issues in the data connectivity components.
Within 6 months:
- Reviewing contributions from the community and helping to shepherd contributions through getting accepted.
- Contributing to architecture and design discussions to grow and evolve data connectivity capabilities in the Apache Arrow project.
- Evaluating work in other projects in adopting the data connectivity components.
Within 12 months:
- Driving architecture and design discussions to continue growing and evolving data connectivity capabilities in the Apache Arrow project.
- Driving architecture and design discussions for other projects to adopt the data connectivity components.
Previous experience that could be helpful:
- Experience with C++ (especially C++11 or later) and/or Java
- Experience working with databases and/or data analytics frameworks
- Experience implementing database drivers such as ODBC, JDBC, and/or others
- Experience with database wire protocols such as Postgres, MySQL, and/or others
- Experience with technologies like gRPC and Protobuf
For NYC-based applicants, the expected salary range is $140k to $165K + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, training, and skill level, so may be higher or lower than what is shown on this posting.