Vizgen, Inc. – Cambridge, MA
Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Controller, Vizgen is seeking a Senior Accountant to support our rapidly growing organization. This key financial position will support the Controller in building a high performing finance organization. The Senior Accountant is responsible for contributing to several key accounting functions including revenue, accruals (royalties, commissions), sales taxes, month-end close, audit and more. This is a terrific opportunity for a versatile and motivated individual looking to broaden their operational knowledge by having exposure to many tasks within our accounting team.
- Assist Controller with revenue recognition calculations and reconciliation.
- Prepare royalty reports.
- Maintain and prepare commissions calculations and employee reporting.
- Support Controller with international and domestic tax filings, including VAT, sales tax and corporate tax returns.
- Oversee credit cards, and expense reimbursement processes by ensuring appropriate relations to business activity and compliance with the Company's expense policy and coding the charges to the correct GL accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with annual audits.
- Develop and implement strong internal controls.
- Assist in the overall month-end close process.
- Providing support to accounts receivable whenever necessary.
- Assist with special projects that may arise.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience, preferably with a background in public accounting, CPA preferred.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Experience using NetSuite or other similar ERP or accounting information system is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with US Sales taxes and International VAT.
- Collaborative team player, while also capable of doing self-directed / self-initiated work.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Willingness to be hands on and get heavily involved in transaction details.
- Strong intellect with excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment, sound business acumen and self-confidence to make decisions.
- Quick learner with a high level of energy and commitment, drive and ambition.
- Ability to build relationships and influence decision-making in a fast-paced environment.
- Appreciation and passion for the goals of the organization and personal achievement
If you aren't sure you meet every requirement but are excited about what you read here, please consider applying! We believe diversity drives innovation. Above all, we're looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.