Vizgen, Inc. – Cambridge, MA
Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Instrument Operations Manager, the Quality Control Technician for Instruments will be primarily responsible for managing the quality of hardware assemblies sourced by the Vizgen team. This individual will be responsible for working closely with the Vizgen’s Manufacturing Engineer(s) to ensure continued, successful product quality of our saleable hardware products. This individual will serve as the primary lead for incoming quality for Vizgen Instrument Operations.
- Lead incoming qualification efforts for major Vizgen-sourced Instrument assemblies, ensuring product meets and/or exceeds required performance specifications.
- Monitor and report on the quality of incoming items, tracking and reporting any defects to the broader Instrument Operations team.
- Perform standard qualification testing and report out to Operations and Engineering on the outcoming data and/or deviations from expectations.
- Own the packaging process for all Instrument hardware before shipment to customers.
- Collaborate with the broader Operations group to ensure incoming quality infractions are remediated and corrected by Vizgen’s upstream supply and/or manufacturing partners.
- Participate in root cause analysis and corrective actions for non-conformances and customer complaints.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineer(s) to define and formalize critical procedures, practices, and/or remedial activities necessary to continuity of incoming quality control operations.
- Develop and contribute to metrics and/or tracking tools for measuring incoming quality performance.
- Assist management with enforcing and ensuring good product quality practices throughout the facility.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline from an accredited educational institution. And a minimum of 3 years of related experience is required in the life science industry.
- Or a master’s degree or the equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline from an accredited educational institution. And a minimum of 2 years of related experience is required in the life science industry.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of any required degree.
- 3– 4 years of work experience in quality control, preferably in the life sciences and/or biotech industry.
- Familiarity with complex electromechanical subassemblies.
- Familiarity with standard metrics for measuring incoming quality performance.
- Able to work independently and under minimal supervision with excellent attention to detail.
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Ability to perform basic repair of components on mechanical subassemblies such as pumps, valves, fittings, and/or miscellaneous cabling.
- Experience working as a liaison between Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and supply partners to root cause failure modes and provide insight into remedial activities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across internal departments and with external partners.
- Experience with Operations best practices such as LEAN, Kaizen, 5S, GMP, and Six Sigma.
- Highly motivated and organized individual with sharp analytical and process mindset.
- Experience with ERP - NetSuite preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel, macros, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables and macro coding.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings such as piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) and electrical single-line diagram (SLD) desired.
If you aren't sure you meet every requirement but are excited about what you read here, please consider applying! We believe diversity drives innovation. Above all, we're looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.