Vizgen, Inc. – Cambridge, MA
Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Regional VP of Sales- Asia Pacific and Japan, the field-based Business Manager, China will be responsible for developing and executing the overall sales strategy within China, including the SARs of Hong Kong and Macau.
The Business Manager, China, is responsible for exceeding revenue targets, expanding Vizgen’s market visibility, developing a network of KOLs, and driving strategic opportunities and initiatives in the China market. This position is also responsible for driving new and ongoing training programs to enhance our channel partners’ effectiveness, establishing and monitoring performance metrics, leading both regular update calls and quarterly business reviews, managing contracts, and ensuring channel compliance. This position requires a high degree of cross-functional support, organizational skills, creativity, and critical thinking. Must be able to work closely with field teams in a remote setting. The successful candidate will also represent Vizgen and engage with scientists and other customers at trade shows and scientific conferences.
- Achieve revenue and other performance objectives within the territory
- Develop and manage relationships with Key Opinion Leaders
- Develop and own a tactical and strategic business plan to ensure commercial success including both global and territory specific market opportunities
- Oversee and optimize channel strategy over time to maximize business potential
- Drive annual, quarterly, and ongoing performance evaluation and business planning with channel partners
- Work with distributors and regional marketing to develop and drive effective awareness campaigns
- Own the forecasting and reporting process for the territory including performance vs goals, funnel health and velocity, successes, challenges, and strategies for gap filling
- Work closely with the Legal, Finance, Customer Service, Sales Operations, Service and Support functions to ensure smooth and efficient business operations
- Manage distributor onboarding, offboarding, contract renewal, and contract amendment process within the territory
- Support and train channel partners, including workshops, webinars, sales process, on-site training
- Act as liaison between the region and Vizgen corporate resources
- Coordinate product launches with channel partners and implement initiatives to drive revenue
- Management of SFDC opportunity management system
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree required; related studies in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry, BioTechnology, Business or an equivalent degree in life sciences preferred. And a minimum of 5 years of related experience is required in the life sciences/biotechnology/pharma industry; or
- A Master’s degree required; related studies in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry, BioTechnology, Business or an equivalent degree in life sciences preferred. And a minimum of 3 years of related experience is required in the life sciences/biotechnology/pharma industry;
- 5+ years of demonstrated success within Life Sciences, Biotech, or Diagnostics in a commercial capacity highly attractive.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of any required degree.
- Demonstrated experience in managing distributor relationships, strategic and tactical business planning, and forecasting / reporting
- A strong understanding of Academic, Pharmaceutical, CRO, and Biotech customer segments
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a matrixed environment with a diverse range of stakeholders (customer, distributor, support, logistics, etc…)
- Strong presentation abilities in both scientific and business environments
- Fluency in Mandarin as well as business level English language proficiency
- Ability to travel 50% or more
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in relevant scientific field.
- Prior experience in single cell genomic, spatial-omic and / or NGS markets
- Strong business skill set including organization, communication, collaboration, and negotiation
- Self-starter with ability to take leadership in unstructured environments
- Willingness to develop creative solutions to overcome challenges
- Proficiency with business forecasting and management tools such as SFDC
If you aren't sure you meet every requirement but are excited about what you read here, please consider applying! We believe diversity drives innovation. Above all, we're looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.