Vizgen, Inc. – Cambridge, MA
Vizgen is a rapidly growing company developing the next generation of spatially resolved genomic profiling tools that enable researchers to gain new insight into the biological systems that underlie human health and disease. The company's groundbreaking MERFISH spatial transcriptomics technology images RNA molecules with high accuracy and unrivaled detection efficiency at subcellular resolution. MERFISH provides transformative insight into a wide range of tissue-scale basic research and translational medicine in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, developmental biology, and regenerative medicine. For more information, go to www.vizgen.com
Reporting to the Applications Development Manager and working closely with other members of the Applications Development, Lab Services, and R&D teams, the research associate will help optimize and develop sample processing and imaging protocols for spatial genomic profiling, and support the completion of commercially driven new applications development and productisation projects. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing data from single-cell gene expression, immunofluorescence, FISH, and/or spatial gene expression experiments. The successful candidates will have demonstrable background in related fields and the enthusiasm to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, dynamic company.
- Design, optimize and implement the protocols developed by Vizgen’s R&D and technology teams and standardize the workflow for productization to Vizgen customers.
- Work closely with R&D and data scientists to better understand the spatial genomics data generated from MERSCOPE platform for Vizgen’s clients
- Optimize protocols and prepare samples
- Validate new procedures and applications of Vizgen’s products
- Provide timely and expert resolutions to escalated issues and questions for customers.
- Document and track trends from emerging spatial transcriptomics demonstrations and publications.
- Support reagent production and stocking
- Perform experiments on the MERSCOPE platform
- Analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports/presentations for internal team members and external clients
- Carefully document procedures and help maintain good laboratory practices
- Ensure reagents, consumable, and instruments are in good order and operational
- Follow all safety precautions for chemicals and reagents while working in the lab and complying with OSHA and BSL2 safety standards
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters’ Degree highly desirable. Degrees in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering or related biological sciences preferred.
- 2+ year wet lab experience performing molecular biology
- Demonstrated knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology and imaging protocols (fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, fluorescent microscopy, single-molecule imaging, flow cytometry, cell culture, tissue sectioning, NGS library construction, RNA-seq, cell transfection, antibody-labeling, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with in-situ molecular biology protocols (immunohistochemistry or FISH) and fluorescent microscopy imaging is a plus
- A high level of commitment and a track record of quality work, with attention to detail.
- Capable of communicating the work clearly among the team
- Some computational literacy is a plus
If you aren't sure you meet every requirement but are excited about what you read here, please consider applying! We believe diversity drives innovation. Above all, we're looking for the right person with skills and talent to grow the company together all while enriching your professional and scientific experience.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a great work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Vizgen affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.