At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
The NBA TechArt team is a diverse group of talented Technical Artists that perform a wide variety of tasks. We write and maintain tools for the art department, rig the characters, props, and clothing, and do a lot of problem solving.
What We Need:
The Novato team is looking for an experienced pipeline oriented technical developer to write tools and support all portions or our art team. This role reports into the Lead Technical Artist.
What You Will Do:
- Hands-on scripting and technical tools pipeline development to refine and improve our workflow
- Optimize pipelines between our artist publishing tools, asset databases, and our version control backend. Continually build and troubleshoot the artist data (e.g. assets, props, textures, materials, characters, etc.) and the pipeline that produces it
- Collaborate with a team of other technical artists, support art teams directly, and work closely with engineers
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- Experience in writing tools, scripts, and pipeline development, ideally for games or visual effects
- You exhibit a mastery with Python and have a working knowledge of Maya or other 3d content creation application
- You have a general knowledge of the 3d content creation process and pipeline
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
Nice To Have:
- Experience in Python and C#
- Writing tools that work with Perforce or other version control software
- Monitoring a render farm job queue and troubleshooting failed jobs
- Setting up or maintaining ShotGrid Desktop and the ShotGrid Tank API
- Querying and populating a database with its Python API
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com