Visby Medical is an ambitious, well-funded late-stage biotech startup. Driven by a belief that infectious disease diagnosis should be quick, accurate, and accessible to all, Visby has developed the world’s first single-use PCR platform that disrupts the traditional model and redefines the way infectious disease is tested and treated.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for providing laboratory support for research and product development. The Technician will perform a variety of duties in support of research goals, objectives, and protocols.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
Primary QMS Responsibilities:
- Read and understand all assigned QMS documents.
- Follow GLP guidelines in documenting all work.
Primary Non-QMS Responsibilities:
- Sets up molecular assays using traditional, real-time, and sequencing PCR technologies.
- Prepares reports and executes with a high degree of data integrity.
- Follows work instructions and standard operating procedures with accuracy.
- Performs sample preparation, extraction, and testing with limited supervision.
- Keeps accurate and detailed laboratory records.
- Communicates daily results and summarizes progress with supervisor.
- Maintains laboratory equipment performance up to standards.
- Continuously reviews inventory supplies of R&D to determine inventory levels. This includes anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; and verifying receipt of supplies.
ON YOUR FIRST DAY WE’D LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, associate's or Bachelor's degree in a scientific field preferred
- General Lab Practices, General Computer Use, Verbal, Written, and Math skills.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a molecular biology lab highly desired
IT’S GREAT IF YOU HAVE
- Background in molecular biology is preferred with single/multichannel pipetting and PCR experience
- Must work well with in teams and across departments. Must be familiar with laboratory equipment.
- Prefer experience in an ISO certified environment
UNIQUE ASPECTS OF THIS JOB
- Travel: No travel
- Physical aspects: Standing, sitting, walking, repetitive movement, safe chemicals handling, safe lifting, etc.
- $26/hr - $31/hr (Minimum to maximum salary range for candidates based in San Jose, CA)
- Compensation for the role is based on geographical location.
- Compensation also depends on a number of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
More about our benefits
Visby offers highly competitive health insurance through Cigna or Kaiser, including a company-funded HSA option. We also offer a 401k match, flexible paid time off, 11 company holidays, and many other contemporary benefits and perks.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Visbees is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status.
Full COVID Vaccination Required - Reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons considered.