San Jose based Visby Medical is an ambitious, well-funded, and fast-paced early-stage biotech startup. Driven by a belief that disease diagnosis should be quick, accurate, and accessible to all, Visby is developing a novel diagnostic device platform that aims to redefine the way infectious disease is tested and treated.
As the Talent Acquisition Leader, you will play a pivotal role in leading a diverse team of full-cycle recruiters, build strategy, create processes, partner with key stakeholders, and deliver the results behind a talented team. You will report to the Chief People Officer and will lead complex initiatives in a hyper-growth environment.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, TA Leader to join our team. You will be responsible for developing and investing in your team and their development, driving alignment to business priorities, ensuring your team operate as strategic partner as we provide a world-class experience for our candidates and colleagues.
To drive our TA function forward, you will:
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition Team, develop and implement a premier hiring approach and business strategies to achieve an annual hiring plan that emphasizes scale, quality and speed of hires.
- Establish key performance metrics for the TA function, with the goal of creating an extraordinarily high-performing TA organization.
- Developing and executing a comprehensive recruiting strategy focused on a significantly scaled workforce, vendor relations, technology, people leadership, and creative sourcing methods to identify high potential, diverse talent for hard to fill positions, internships, and co-ops in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
- Liaison between all teams to set and achieve hiring goals, strategize effectively, budget appropriately, and build a cohesive, strong team
- Develop, implement and promote Diversity and Inclusion programs pertaining to TA.
- Lead: inspire and mentor a highly motivated talent acquisition team to deliver outstanding results while effectively communicating the critical dimensions of the staffing strategy, updating the staffing status and ensuring tight alignment with the business plans.
- Oversee, integrate, design and revamp as necessary staffing processes, systems, templates and TA dashboards. (“you know what good looks like”)!
- Take on requisitions as needed e.g., and managing end-to-end recruitment executive roles.
Who you are?
- Leadership experience with proven track record of leading successful diverse and geographically dispersed talent acquisition team.
- 5 – 10 years of recruiting experience across various disciplines in a hyper-growth Biotech or SaaS companies preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (Human Resources preferably)
- Demonstrable track record of developing recruiting professionals at all levels and within all business units.
- Demonstrated experience implementing seamless workforce planning and recruiting programs.
- Strong Leadership with analytical skills and ability to define metrics to measurable results
- Adept at influencing through strong relationships, expertise and data.
- Ability to partner with a sophisticated set of stakeholders.
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done in tandem with participating in deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Ability to manage projects, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and time deliverables strong orientation toward collaboration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate at various levels in an organization.
- Experience utilizing a variety of sources to identify and attract prospective talent.