The Contract Laboratory Technician will be responsible for providing laboratory support for research and product development. The Technician will perform a variety of duties in support of research goals, objectives, and protocols.
- Setup of molecular assays using traditional, real-time, and sequencing PCR technologies.
- Ability to follow directions and standard operating procedures.
- Perform sample preparation, extraction, and testing with limited supervision.
- Keep accurate and detailed laboratory records.
- Communicate daily results and summarize progress with supervisor by oral update or written report.
- Troubleshoot, rapidly propose solutions, and/or seek help.
- Professionally handle the pressure of aggressive deadlines while maintaining data quality.
- Maintains laboratory equipment performance
- Maintains R&D laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Resolves laboratory problems by consulting with supervisor and other R&D leads and professionals.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, associate's or Bachelor's degree in a scientific field preferred
- General Lab Practices, General Computer Use, Verbal, Written, and Math skills.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a molecular biology lab highly desired
- Background in molecular biology is preferred with single/multichannel pipetting and PCR experience
- Must work well with in teams and across departments. Must be familiar with laboratory equipment.
- Prefer experience in an ISO certified environment