We seek a strong, detailed-oriented and visionary leader to lead our Inventory Control and Warehouse operations. This individual will be responsible for building and managing a best-in-class materials management and control system from the ground up.
- Build an operating system to ensure raw materials, WIP and finished goods inventory is managed to meet the operational needs of the business and maintains an inventory accuracy of >99%.
- Executes daily inventory analysis; identifies and resolves discrepancies and problems.
- Identification of key performance tracking metrics relating to warehouse management and inventory control.
- Lead the implementation of an effective cycle count program and periodic comprehensive physical counts.
- Drive transformational change and continuous improvement for Visby’s warehouse management, material handling and inventory control.
- Create and manage KPIs, providing analytical opinions on how to increase service levels and reduce costs. Safety champion to drive efficient work techniques to minimize potential injuries and hazardous conditions.
- Assure products, parts, or supplies are received, stored, moved, shipped, distributed, and transacted in a timely and efficient manner.
- Facilitate, coach, counsel, and mentor the direction on targeted improvement initiatives.
- Serves as a technical content expert. Builds organizational sustainability of process improvement knowledge and strategies in the form of training and implementation of efficient business processes.
- Maintain acceptable levels of housekeeping at all times with regard to equipment and assigned work area and/or department.
- Facilitate cultural and strategic change.
- Responsible for growth and development on your team.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience.
- Excellent leadership skills, including communication, change management, coaching, team facilitation, and strong/proven analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Strong skills with ERP and WMS systems (NetSuite a plus).
- Excellent math and analytical skills; must be able to perform statistical data analysis.
- Excellent time management skills to achieve successful results.
- A passion for continuous improvement and achieving excellence.
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Direct work experience with lean techniques and tools.
- A bias for action including a sense for thoughtful urgency to drive continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Proven ability to lead a team, provide direction and proactively solve problems and issues as they arise.
- Must have an innate restless dissatisfaction with the status quo.
- Experience implementing and managing a TMS a plus.
- Experience working in a medical device manufacturing environment a plus.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks and/or motions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 lbs.