San Jose based Visby Medical is an ambitious, well-funded, and fast-paced early stage biotech startup. Driven by a belief that disease diagnosis should be quick, accurate, and accessible to all, Visby is developing a novel diagnostic device platform that aims to redefine the way an infectious disease is tested and treated.
We are developing a tenacious team with deep industry expertise of researchers, biologists, designers, and engineers that is back-stopped by world class operations and administrative resources. If you enjoy tackling challenging problems, are passionate about your work product, and want to join a collaborative ownership team that is aiming to leave a lasting positive legacy in the healthcare industry, please consider the following HRIS Analyst opportunity.
This HRIS Analyst, Workday role you will be providing implementation support, creating partnerships with internal stakeholders, and recommending process improvements backed by an analysis of our Workday system. A curiosity about the short/long term impacts is expected when determining the best path to an effective management of the system.
- Actively participate in the design and implementation of new Workday functionality as business needs justify the enhancements.
- Create test scripts, document test scenarios, and perform testing activities of HR systems upon upgrade or launch of new features.
- Execute data conversion and data validation activities, resolve issues, and defects reported and monitor health, usage, and overall compliance of HR systems.
- Create reports that support metrics needed for the business and provide analysis, as necessary.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines, and documentations.
- Work with internal resources to develop user procedures, guidelines, and documentation; assist in development and training of internal customers on internal processes.
- Partner with our People & Culture Data assistant to provide exceptional support fielding employee questions pertaining to Workday.
- Develop audit processes to analyze and identify data issues and maintain data integrity.
- Perform statistical analysis on gathered HRIS data and running queries.
- Ensure the efficient recording and secure storage of HR metrics, including attendance and employee performance data.
Education and/or Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, HR Management, Business Administration, or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience as an HRIS Analyst in a related industry.
- 1-3 years of Workday HCM (preferably Payroll, Talent Management, Compensation, Benefits, Absence, and Time Tracking).
- 2 + years of experience in a variety of Human Resource operational functions.
- Must have had systems management experience with companies who were 1-300 employees AND 600 + employees.
- Proven examples of previous process improvements and ability to drive efforts to standardize, optimize and simplify processes and technical solutions.
- Previous learning experiences from roles where there was a lot of organizational change.
- Experience in documenting processes, as well as performing diagnostic tests/audits.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to collaborate, provide technical support, and train staff.
- Advanced proficiency in database management and security, as well as running SQL queries.
- Experience in other systems like Paylocity and Sapling are a plus.
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks and/or motions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 lbs.