The Senior Accounting Manager will manage a growing team to support the accounting close process and drive IPO readiness with overall operational improvements that promote scalability and provide support of quarterly review and annual audit processes. The ideal candidate should possess excellent analytical, collaboration and communication skills and have a solid foundation in GAAP and accounting concepts. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop quickly through exciting responsibilities and assignments surrounded by a group of strong and dedicated professionals.
- Manage a small but growing team in their daily responsibilities, review of their work, and invest in their growth
- Assume responsibility for monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Assist in month-end closing and preparation of the monthly financial reporting
- Analyze financials, document and discuss variances with management
- Support the reporting process in Workiva W-desk by gathering financial and other data for footnote disclosures in Financial Statements
- Collaborate and work closely with auditors during annual audits and internal control testing.
- Assist in documentation/implementation of internal controls and ensure compliance in areas of responsibility
- Participate in implementing formal policies and procedures
- Become a NetSuite an Workiva Super User and Assist the Accounting team with Implementation of solutions to automate the close process and for Accounts Payable Transformation
- Work closely with cross functional business partners on resolution of open items and propose reasonable solutions to improve and automate processes
- Assist with the creation and preparation of ad hoc schedules and reports as required by management
- Identifies opportunities for improvements in execution, strengthening controls, and can drive change.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required, CPA preferred
- 7+ years of Accounting experience, Big 4 and Med Device industry experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are a must
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of GAAP and understanding of financial statement mechanics.
- Public company experience or extensive IPO readiness experience is a requirement
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills to research and resolve inquiries and respond in a timely manner.
- Experience maintaining internal controls and Risk Control Matrix
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a requirement
- Experience in manufacturing environment and Standard Costing a plus.
- Hands on experience on NetSuite ERP and Workiva is desirable
- Experience supporting management and audit requests, summarizing significant accounting information and trends
- Proficiency in Word and Excel is required
- Fast Paced
- Results oriented – has track record for delivery results, takes ownership and is accountable
- Customer Service oriented – high sense of urgency
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Sharp business acumen and process-oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks and/or motions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 lbs