We are looking for an exceptional Demand Planning professional to develop our forecasting processes based on best practices and experience. The role requires you to generate and publish a rolling 12-month global consensus demand plan for Visby Medical. You will work closely with the Commercial and Product teams to provide their forecasts, and review the inputs and assumptions on each. You will consolidate the various forecasts and perform additional analysis including trend analysis, macroeconomic analysis, statistical analysis, user insights analysis, sell through analysis, and channel inventory analysis to develop a proposed global consensus demand plan. You will present and defend your proposed demand plan and gain support from Commercial, Product, Finance, and Supply Chain. Upon approval of the consensus demand plan through the S&OP process, you will communicate the global consensus forecast across all stakeholders. To be successful in this role, you should be analytical and methodical in your processes. You should foster an environment of candor and support by demonstrating self-awareness, openness, and approachability. One key indicator of success will be forecast accuracy, at both the product level and the SKU level. You will measure forecast accuracy and enhance the models, as well as the collaboration processes, to improve accuracy over time. You will be part of a newly formed Supply Chain team supporting the growth and transformation of our organization. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Planning.
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve data-driven demand planning models at the SKU level to provide the most accurate forecasts.
- Lead monthly cross-functional demand reviews with Commercial, Product, and Finance to review projections and challenge key drivers and assumptions.
- Gather and analyze various data sources and develop upside/downside scenarios against base forecasts and the annual plan to help facilitate internal decision-making & inform management of risks/opportunities.
- Create monthly hindsight reports/summaries to identify accuracy gaps in item-level projections and assumptions.
- Continuously improve demand plans through thorough analyses of consumption trends, marketing initiatives, and any other macro/market/category trends that affect demand.
- Own the monthly S&OP Demand Review process and meeting.
- Work collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with all partners and stakeholders.
- Clearly articulate strategic drivers and removes barriers.
- Remain trustworthy and reliable; follows through with commitments.
- Engage in clear, two-way communication, listens actively and cultivates diversity of thought, perspective, and dissenting views.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Operations Research, or equivalent experience
- MBA, Masters in Business Analytics, or equivalent preferred
- 7+ years in Demand Planning, forecasting, consulting, or global and complex supply chains
- Experience with S&OP process
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and cross-functional leadership skills
- Adept at building models in Excel or Google Sheets
- Excellent at creating and presenting PowerPoint presentations
- Proficient in NetSuite, Think-cell, and Tableau a plus