San Jose based Visby Medical is an ambitious, well-funded, and fast-paced early stage biotech startup. Driven by a belief that disease diagnosis should be quick, accurate, and accessible to all, Visby is developing a novel diagnostic device platform that aims to redefine the way an infectious disease is tested and treated.
We are developing a tenacious team with deep industry expertise of researchers, biologists, designers, and engineers that is back-stopped by world class operations and administrative resources. If you enjoy tackling challenging problems, are passionate about your work product, and want to join a collaborative ownership team that is aiming to leave a lasting positive legacy in the healthcare industry, please consider the following IT Support Specialist opportunity.
- Configure, deploy and maintain documentation for company mobile devices.
- Develop, maintain and execute on new hire onboarding training.
- Document and maintain inventory of company digital and physical IT assets.
- Identify and develop technical training areas and design and host monthly training programs.
- Assist with deployment and procurement of new hire equipment.
- Troubleshoot IT issues around the office as needed (printer issues, password resets, zoom room issues, etc).
- Responsible for entering pertinent information under user accounts for badge creation process.
- Perform preventative maintenance on general office equipment (ipads, zoom rooms, printers, etc).
- Data management project: perform discovery and document company data and assigned access levels. work with IT manager to develop a project plan for securing and managing company data.
- Lab account security project: ensure all lab computers are accounted for in inventory and asset tagged. work to identify machines that have reached end of life and coordinate replacement with vendors. ensure all lab computers have chrome management enabled and enroll/provision lab ipads under MDM.
- Unified communication: develop a training program for internal communication system and act as advocate to increase employee engagement
- Computer lifecycle refresh: identify devices that have reached EOL and coordinate with end users to transition them to new devices
- identify gaps in business processes and suggest improvements using business tools and technology
- Understand variances in technological knowledge and develop flexibility in working with diverse technical skills
- Properly document and maintain IT processes and procedures
- Understand the basics of active directory. create users, security groups and organizational units
- Design and deploy zoom rooms
- Understand the basics of an MDM and it’s importance as well as SSO and how to provision user accounts
Education and/or Experience:
- A.S or B.S in related field preferred.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and be able to effectively interact with all levels of the organization across all departments.
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks and/or motions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 lbs.