San Jose based Visby Medical is an ambitious, well-funded, and fast-paced early stage biotech startup. Driven by a belief that disease diagnosis should be quick, accurate, and accessible to all, Visby is developing a novel diagnostic device platform that aims to redefine the way an infectious disease is tested and treated.
We are developing a tenacious team with deep industry expertise of researchers, biologists, designers, and engineers that is back-stopped by world class operations and administrative resources. If you enjoy tackling challenging problems, are passionate about your work product, and want to join a collaborative ownership team that is aiming to leave a lasting positive legacy in the healthcare industry, please consider the following People & Culture Business Partner opportunity.
The People & Culture Business Partner drives our mission by working with leaders across the business to ensure Visby is a great place to work for all our employees. This role is both hands-on and strategic and provides expertise in the areas of employee relations, workforce planning, performance management, compensation, employee retention, coaching/development, conflict management and ad hoc projects as necessary.
- Work with the business and others in People & Culture to develop effective organizational structures and specific job design and leveling to drive organizational growth.
- Exert influence to create positive change and proactively mitigate and resolve employee issues.
- Act as a compensation business partner by driving all compensation activities: internally leveling, strategic new hire offers, promotions, budget allocation, top talent retention, etc.
- Proactively identify opportunities and assess improvements to the employee experience and partner with management to develop and implement innovative and lasting solutions.
- Be a leader throughout Visby. Advise, mentor/coach and guide all levels of management to develop positive employee engagement capability and leadership skills.
- Build credibility and trust among employees. Resolve employee concerns through compassion, a systematic approach, clear documentation and follow-through.
- Partner with the management team to build engaged, high-performing teams
- Consult and advise on succession planning, talent reviews and driving the annual merit planning cycle.
- Actively develop our team members.
- Develop and manage and Employee Handbook to ensure compliance with all local and national employment laws.
- Responsible for the recruitment process, partnering with our recruitment team to ensure we provide an excellent candidate and internal employee experience.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Human Resources.
- Experience with compensation and incentive plans, including sales teams.
- Knowledge and experience of core HR processes.
- Knowledge/understanding of variations of employment law.
- Applied knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes for employment. Thorough understanding and hands-on application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational development, change management, coaching and communications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with all levels of the organization and positively influence teams.
- Good communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Good IT skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- Results and people oriented.
- Resourceful and well-organized.
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks and/or motions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 lbs.