Vidyard helps businesses and professionals connect with their audiences in a whole new way through engaging, personalized, and measurable video experiences. Through its global video hosting and analytics platform, Vidyard empowers businesses from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises to transform their approach to marketing, sales, and corporate communications. Through its free and pro tools, Vidyard helps any business professional create and share custom videos to deliver their message in a more personal and impactful way. Thousands of businesses and millions of people around the world rely on Vidyard for their video needs.
We are looking for a Quality Lead who can help raise the bar higher by empowering teams to consistently deliver great experiences and products that delight our customers.
You will work alongside Developers, Designers and Product Managers to advocate for the quality of our work. The goal is to help keep our standards high and work with the teams to ensure how we work leads to the best results.
As Quality Lead, we want you to empower the teams to do the right thing. Build quality in and help shape the culture so it stays that way. Think strategically and decide where you think is the best place to invest. Understand the broader picture and where we can make the most significant impact.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with teams
- Build risk awareness within teams to help them be accountable for their quality
- Ensure a consistently high level of quality across all Vidyard products
- Support teams as they make test plans, identify risks and uncover issues
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Champion quality and standards
- Join roadmap and planning discussions to advocate for where we should invest
- Facilitate the triage process alongside our Team Leads
- Track quality metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Identify and investigate changes to core metrics (SLO/SLA, KPI/KPO)
- Ensure compliance with industry standards (such as WCAG, GDPR, and others)
- Support testing best practices
- Encourage, design, develop and run automated tests across the testing pyramid
- Develop testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
What you’ll bring:
- Proven work experience within a modern software development team
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Clear written and oral communication when persuading others
- Direct experience with automated testing tools like Cypress or Selenium
- Extra skills such as compliance, performance testing, SQL and scripting are a plus
Life as a Vidyardian:
You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work. At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
On top of competitive pay, we offer generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education. We also offer three flexible benefit plans to suit your unique needs, so choose what’s best for you/your family and your coverage starts as soon as you do.
Along with the health benefits and health/lifestyle spending accounts, additional benefits include unlimited vacation, RRSP match programs, ESOP and learning and development spending accounts.
Vidyard also offers paid volunteer opportunities! At Vidyard, giving back is in our DNA. No matter where we are, we always want to be committed to giving back as part of our commitment to our communities. So choose a cause that is important to you within your own community and give back, on us!
Finally, our teams never miss an opportunity to have fun! Be prepared to enjoy virtual parties (often paired with special deliveries, special guests and sometimes surprises!) and take part in internal communities based on your interests/hobbies!
Remote @ Vidyard
As a video centric organization, Vidyard mastered the art of remote work long before the pandemic forced businesses to adapt. So, whether you are located close to one of our collaboration spaces in Vancouver, BC, & Kitchener, ON, or if home is anywhere else in Canada, you will not only be an integral part of the team, you’ll feel like an integral part of the team.
In order to ensure an enjoyable work experience for all employees, Vidyard is dedicated to ensuring all Vidyardians have an opportunity to:
- Level up their home office/workspace,
- Socialize meaningfully within teams as well as across the organization,
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule (We know your time is valuable! Own your work in a way that best suits your lifestyle)
We believe that working remotely shouldn’t cause any barriers to a great employee experience, so from onboarding to day to day operations, when you work remotely at Vidyard your colleagues and leaders are only as far as a *virtual* tap on the shoulder away.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Talent Acquisition Team.