Vidyard helps businesses and professionals connect with their audiences in a whole new way through engaging, personalized, and measurable video experiences. Through its global video hosting and analytics platform, Vidyard empowers businesses from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises to transform their approach to marketing, sales, and corporate communications. Through its free and pro tools, Vidyard helps any business professional create and share custom videos to deliver their message in a more personal and impactful way. Thousands of businesses and millions of people around the world rely on Vidyard for their video needs.
This is a remote position.
See Remote @ Vidyard for details
About the Team:
Vidyard is looking for a software developer Team Lead to join our growing team and play a critical role as we continue to grow our platform and teams. Team Leads ensure the health, growth, performance, and alignment of a small focused team of software developers, while also getting their hands dirty building. Want more responsibility to shape your future? Then we want to hear from you!
Vidyard has successfully moved to a digital first operating model. So whether you are located close to one of our collaboration spaces in Kitchener, ON or Vancouver, BC, or if home is anywhere else in Canada, you will be an integral part of the team.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional squad (product management, design, QA) to shape and prioritize projects based on company initiatives and team goals.
- Manage, mentor and coach a small team of 3-5 developers.
- While you are a manager first and foremost, alongside your team you will contribute to development.
- Lead by example
- Foster an environment of experimentation, feedback and accountability
- Advocate for and empower improving our technology
To be an effective team member you will have:
- Experience leading a small team in a cross functional squad environment
- Mentored individuals to grow their impact and help define their career paths
- A track record of technical accomplishments as a contributor and as a leader, solving problems with code
- Understanding of the challenges and trade-offs with different software development methodologies and technologies
- Experience with web technologies. We primarily use Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Vue.js, React, MySQL and AWS and while experience with some of these is a plus, experience with all of them is not necessary.
Life as a Vidyardian:
You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work. At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
On top of competitive pay, we offer generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education. In partnership with Sterling Capital, we also offer a competitive benefits package to all of our Vidyardians located in America through Aetna.
Vidyard also offers paid volunteer opportunities! At Vidyard, giving back is in our DNA. No matter where we are, we always want to be committed to giving back as part of our commitment to our communities. So choose a cause that is important to you within your own community and give back, on us!
Finally, our teams never miss an opportunity to have fun! Be prepared to enjoy virtual parties (often paired with special deliveries, special guests and sometimes surprises!) and take part in internal communities based on your interests/hobbies!
Remote @ Vidyard
As a video centric organization, Vidyard mastered the art of remote work long before the pandemic forced businesses to adapt. No matter where you are in the world, you will not only be an integral part of the team, you’ll feel like an integral part of the team.
In order to ensure an enjoyable work experience for all employees, Vidyard is dedicated to ensuring all Vidyardians have an opportunity to:
- Level up their home office/workspace,
- Socialize meaningfully within teams as well as across the organization,
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule (We know your time is valuable! Own your work in a way that best suits your lifestyle)
We believe that working remotely shouldn’t cause any barriers to a great employee experience, so from onboarding to day to day operations, when you work remotely at Vidyard your colleagues and leaders are only as far as a *virtual* tap on the shoulder away.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Talent Acquisition Team.